Friday, January 14, 2011

To Post, Re-Post and Auto-Post

0 comments

This is a good question, and is also a pretty big problem, just take a minute and give it a thought, there are to big problems regarding this chain-posting thing. I mean, I find it okay to use amplify or Posterous, get some content from a page and add you take/ opinion, about it, it is the auto-posting options that I`m worried about... Why do I say that ? Well here are my humble opinions :

1. From the ecologic point of view 

You might think I`m nuts, "the post has like 20 k" that is not much, but think about 20 posts of 20k a day, made by let's say something la 20.000 people ... now, multiply this with 300 days (because people go on vacation too :P ) now this is a lot of space... space which is on the services servers, you don`t have to pay for it, but from the ecological point of view, those servers consume energy, lots and lots of energy. Now, here is where I wanted to get, now take this nice number ( something about let's say 2 gb of data) now think about auto-posting this to 5 other services ... it's something like that, and belive me, there are more than 20.000 people blogging on the internet which are posting post larger than 20k ... 

2. The Clog 

Well this is the part I hate the most, when I search Google for something and I get like 5 search results on 5 different pages, that have exacly the same content (text) isn't this wrong ? It slows you down, and like the article curated by @svartling yesterday ( http://svartling.amplify.com/2011/01/13/curation-is-the-new-search-is-the-new-curation/ ), we will have to skip directly to page 2 for real and quality content... which is kinda sad ... and wrong ...

So, after I realized this thing, and publish this on all the platforms I use, I will drastically reduce my auto-posting to just links (close to a tweet) and not use it at all... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...